Reaching Youth In India
March 29, 2014
INDIA — The current population in India is estimated to be 1.27 billion as at 2014. World Population Statistics tells us that the number is set to increase by 20% in the next 30 years.
More than 50% of the total Indian population are under 25-years-old, and more than 70 million are bi-lingual speakers in India, speaking English as their second language. How can these youths be neglected when we speak of sharing the gospel?
As this demographic is so significant, TWR India has laboured for the past one-and-a-half years to develop a ministry to reach the younger population of India. By God’s provision and grace, Crosswave Radio is TWR’s new initiative to reach this massive audience. Last month, more than 400 youths gathered at the launch in Chennai to mark the beginning of this social media driven platform. Social media is effective in reaching out to youth in India, hence the incorporation of new media such as online radio and other social websites into TWR’s repertoire.
It doesn’t matter where you are. Whether you are a resident in Chennai, New Delhi or Bangalore with a radio, or at a computer in some other part of the world, you can access Crosswave Radio by logging on to www.crosswaveradio.com
Enjoy programs that address issues youths face in the world today with resident hosts Jerry, Ancy and Caleb. Here are small snippets of the program details.
- Kick start your day with Youth Alarm and be energized by encouraging music and scriptures to bring you through the rest of your busy day.
- Listen to interesting questions answered by Curious Candice. Expect a time of fun and witty conversations as well as prizes to be won!
- Search the scriptures with Inside-Out, a program that seeks to bring you truths from the Bible. Together, we will explore the world of kings, prophets, promises, laws, letters and much more.
- Learn how to handle various life problems through our characters that are at different stages of life. A woman dealing with her husband’s infidelity, a father handling his addiction to pornography, a young man struggling to fit in and a young lady struggling with an unplanned pregnancy are just some of the issues discussed in Perspectives.
- Ever felt blessed when others do something for you? Fences and Faces feature stories of people who have gone out of their way to make a difference in the lives of others, crossing barriers and reaching out to those in need.
- Join Caleb on The Music Show as he talks about the latest in Christian music, current events, sports and a whole lot of fun stuff along with some fabulous music.
So, what are you waiting for? Start listening to your favourite Christian music and much more on Crosswave Radio now!