Asia Prayer Requests
March 26, 2014
In peace I will both lie down and sleep,
For You alone, O Lord, make me to dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8
The requests listed below are gathered each week from around Asia. Please be aware that several of our countries are very much closed to communications about the Gospel. As a result we would ask that along with these requests you also pray for the safety, security and health of our teams in these areas.
- Pray for the work that is being done on the SON-Lift project to bring the words of hope to the unreached people groups in China. It is a blessing to see financial support coming in for this work. Pray for those who are writing and translating the scripts and for more workers to join in.
Pray for the preparations being made for 3 new programs in Japan ：50 hours per month，2 and a half hour a day. God willing, we will launch in July 2014.
- Pray for the womens programming that goes out to listener groups throughout the region. These programs are often the only source of encouragement for these ladies. Pray for the young mothers, who struggle to raise their children to love the Lord. Pray for the widows , who struggle to provide for the needs of their families. Pray for the widows, who are abandoned and feeling such loneliness.
- Pray for the listeners of the Sinhala broadcasts in Sri Lanka, that their hearts will be softened so that the Word can enter and change lives. Many have called in to the station to thank them for the broadcasts and to share prayer needs. One listener called in to say, ” My husband beats me, but not during the programs. Can’t you make the program longer?” My heart breaks to hear such stories. This woman did not want to end the call. Your prayers can make a difference. Pray that her husband will become a believer through listening to the Word. ” Faith comes by hearing…”
- Praise God for the work that has been done for the PANI transmitter. After resolving a number of technical issues, the station is now embarking on a full evening broadcast schedule. Reports from listeners in the PANI region are very encouraging.
Asia Regional Support Services:
- Pray for all of the season change issues and playout items to be ready to go on March 30th with no problems for our teams on Guam and Sri Lanka.
- Pray for everything to go well with the connecting of antenna 2 to TX7 at the Guam site.
- Pray for the Singapore team as they host a fundraising movie event on Saturday March 29. All proceeds will go to the SON-Lift project.