Prayer and Praise (22 February 2012)
February 22, 2012
“For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.” — 1 Peter 3:12 (NIV)
Asia Service Center
1. Praise the Lord that Daryl and Gaynelle Renshaw have arrived safely in Singapore, and have officially started their service with TWR. Continue to pray for their smooth assimilation into Singapore, and the TWR family in Asia. Pray that God will bless Daryl and Gaynelle with wisdom, strength, joy and good health as they serve with us.
2. Pray for divine guidance and wisdom to be upon the leadership as they consider the suitability of potential candidates for various roles at the Service Centre.
3. Pray for the HopeSMS ministry, as the team sorts out various issues. Pray that normal service will resume soon.
1. Pray that interest of TWR’s ministry among the Christian community will be increased, and that more new avenues of support and ministry will be opened up.
2. Pray for the raising up of coordinators within the Australian Chinese Christian community across the country.
3. Continue to pray for the raising up of personnel for Project Hannah, Marketing and Fundraising, and Missionaries, as well as for the various representation positions.
4. Pray for the enabling and protection (both physical and spiritual) of TWR personnel and their families.
1. Pray for good health for the team and their families, and that the Lord will continue to bless them with his protection, wisdom, and grace.
2. Pray for the youth and children team, as they develop new programs and projects for the children in Cambodia.
1. Please pray for the health of our colleagues and our listeners. Pray for the power and wisdom of God in our work, and that listeners will be strengthened by God’s Word.
2. Pray for strong and clear signals for our shortwave broadcasts, and that more people will come to hear our programs and be attracted to God?s message of love, hope and peace.
3. Pray for wisdom, strength, and open doors for the Internet Ministry as they embark on a new project, and are seeking partnerships.
1. Pray that the Lord will raise up both long-term and short-term help for the team on Guam.
2. Pray for good weather for ongoing work in the antenna field.
India / Sri Lanka
1. Pray for the new partnership with David C. Cook Ministries to minister to orphans in Delhi and surrounding places.
2. Pray for the upcoming elections in various states of North India. Pray that people may cast their votes wisely, and that those elected may govern effectively.
3. Praise the Lord for providing an intern to assist the staff in Sri Lanka. Please pray for the Lord’s guidance through this whole process of internship placement as well as the intern’s next step in relocating to Sri Lanka.
1. Pray for good health for the staff, and safety for those who are traveling.
2. Pray for unity of staff, as there are some new team members in the various departments.
Japan / Korea
1. Pray that God will provide a Japanese project/country coordinator for our Japanese counseling program. Please pray for God to open doors and send the best person who has a great burden for this project.
2. Pray for good health and protection for co-workers in Korea.
Thailand / Laos
1. Pray for God?s wisdom and strength to be upon the Thailand team as they continue to work on the radio broadcasts. Pray for protection and fruitful meetings as they visit pastors and distribute radios to listeners.
2. Pray for the listeners who have heard the good news through the broadcasts of Happy Chat. Pray that they will open their hearts to trust Jesus. Also pray for new believers to continue to grow and seek God?s will and be encouraged through the radio broadcast.
3. Pray for opportunities to share the gospel, and for open hearts.
1. Thank God for volunteers who have expressed a willingness to support our ministry.
2. Thank God for a good annual thanksgiving celebration. More than 100 people had a chance to listen to TWR-Vietnam’s ministry report. Thank God also for those who gave towards the ministry. Pray that more people will be moved to contribute in future.
3. Pray for safety and protection for staff as they travel to the field.