Prayer and Praise – August 26, 2013
August 26, 2013
“The Lord will command His loving kindness in the daytime; and His song will be with me in the night, a prayer to the God of my life.” — Psalm 42:8
The requests listed below are gathered each week from around Asia. Please be aware that several of our countries are very much closed to communications about the Gospel. As a result we would ask that along with these requests you also pray for the safety, security and health of all of our teams in these areas.
- Please pray for the UPG (Unreached People Group) project in China as we seek partners to assist with this tremendous project. There are over 400 UPGs in China alone that have a population of more than 1,000,000. TWR has begun a project to reach 101 of these UPGs by the end of 2017. The project is inspired by Jesus’ words in John 12:32. Jesus said, “And when I am lifted up from the earth, I will draw all people to myself“. The majority of our audience lives in rural or mountainous areas. Many are oral learners. To reach them, we have identified 15 languages by which we will be able to reach out to two-thirds of China’s UPG population. That is an amazing number of people! Please pray for the needed workers and for the hearts of those in need of the Lord who will hear for the first time.
- We are hosting a Discipleship program for Rev David Platt; the content is very solid to train Christian workers. Pray that the Lord will multiply the result.
- Pray for our team in the Philippines. They have been experiencing torrential rains throughout the region. Even in Baguio, schools have been closed. As at today eight deaths have been attributed to the flooding.
- Pray for the PANI Project as it nears completion. Pray for the safe delivery of all needed parts. Remember “pani” means water. How appropriate for a people thirsty to hear God’s Word in their heart language.
- Pray for the right programs to be broadcast to this new region. That they will be able to reach the hearts of the people there. Pray that God will soften their hearts and continue to draw them to Himself.
Regional Support Services
- We praise God for the successful completion of the TWR Asia Golf Challenge 2013 on 2 August. We thank God for the good participation, for the many donations/sponsorships received, the nice weather and great program. We thank everyone for your prayers, contribution, and support at the event. The funds raised will be used for the Women’s Ministry in Asia.
Thank you for praying for these requests.